Bridges employment program
Women in our communities face a variety of systemic barriers accessing employment. These barriers can be compounded by abuse. Whether it’s from a family member or a husband or boyfriend, experiencing violence will only make it harder to acquire the skills, educational certifications, or opportunities that make employment more possible. We work with women to assess where they’re at and where they want to be.
Bridges Employment Program
- an employment and life skills program for women receiving provincial income assistance
- personal development skills
- employability skills
- educational upgrading
- work experience placement
- career exploration
- job club
- certfications: Foodsafe, Super Host, First Aid, WHMIS & MS Word Level 1
- Knowledge of community resources, supports and employment networks
For more information on how to access our services, please contact us in Prince George.
What women said
It helped... get me going on my grade twelve again and helped get me ready for the workforce and what to expect.— Program Participant